Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before Sue "Mamaw"'s visitation.
Sue "Mamaw" Cobb
Sue "Mamaw" Burger Cobb age 91 of Niota, passed away Monday, April 8, 2019 at her residence. A native and lifelong resident of McMinn County, she was the daughter of the late Pearly A. and Ann Buckner Burger. She was a member of Union McMinn Baptist church and was a member of First Baptist Church of Niota for 55 years. She was also a 55 year member of Beta Sigma Phi Sororiety serving twice as president. She was awarded Girl of the Year and Silver Circle Award and was a member of the Niota Red Hat Society and a former member of Niota Lions Club. She was a 55 year member of Sunday School at First Baptist Church of Niota. A member of W.O.W. Lodge of Athens and an employee of the U.T. Ag Extension Office for 38 years. She loved to read, sew and listen to southern gospel quartets. She was also a big UT football fan and she was Miss Athens in 1945.
She was preceded in death by
- Her husband, A.P. Cobb, Jr. (Sept. 12, 2010),
- Brother Montie Burger;
- 2 daughters, Gloria Rolison, Linda McCain,
- Granddaughter, Anita McCain
- Three daughters and sons-in-law; Dara Smith and fiance' Mike Watson of Niota, TN , Elsie and W.C. Hall of Smiths, Alabama, Deborah and Rick Newman,of Columbus, Ga ;
- Sister-in-law Joy Burger of Greenville, S.C.
- Grandchildren, Weston and Kelley Ann of Athens, Travis and Chynna Smith of Athens, Jay McCain, Candace Collins, Chris McFadden, Jimmy McFadden, Stephanie Torres, J.J. Rolinson, Rusty Law, Kimberly Douglas, Michelle Smith,
- Great-grandchildren. Emery, Tinley and Salem Smith. Jozy Watson, Ryan and Alexis McSpadden
- Special caregiver, Sharon Sledge.
Memorial service will be 6:00 pm Thursday, April 11, 2019 in the chapel of Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home with the Rev. Doug Alexander officiating.
The family will receive friends from 4-6 pm before the service.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be sent to Union McMinn Baptist Church P.O. Box 269 Niota TN 37826.
Those unable to attend may send condolences to www.laycockhobbs.com/notices/Sue-Cobb
Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home will be in charge of the arrangements.
Such a gem of a lady... a treasure to all who knew... love and prayers to all
Cynthia Copeland Apr 10 2019 12:00 AM
you are a special lady that I thought a lot of you will be missed rest in peace Mrs sue
Chris walker Apr 9 2019 12:00 AM
A candle was lit in memory of Sue "Mamaw" Cobb
Rick and Deborah Newman Apr 9 2019 12:00 AM