Allen Memorial United Methodist
Friday February 14th, 2020
Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before Mattie's visitation.
Mattie Sue Hutsell
Mattie Sue Vincent Hutsell age 92 of Athens passed away Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Starr Regional Medical Center of Athens. A native and lifelong resident of Athens, she was the daughter of the late William Ralph and Clara Delilah Bell Harmon Vincent. She was an active member of Allen Memorial Untied Methodist Church. She loved her church and her family and was very dedicated to both. Mattie enjoyed life and helping others. She was a professional seamstress and a proficient bookkeeper. She was employed by Belk for many years, a bookkeeper at Key Tire company, and a customer service representative for McMinn Farmers Mutual Insurance Company until age 87.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Victor Hutsell (Dec. 25, 1993), One sister, Ella Verle Vincent; two brothers, William Curtis Vincent (Betty) and Millard Hartsell
- One Sister, Charlotte Newman (Charles)
- One son Charles Curtis Hutsell;
- One daughter, Vicki Moore of Niota
- Granddaughter, Rachel Hashe Klusman, and special friend Micah Anderson,
- Great grandchildren, Hannah Klusman, Isaiah Klusman, and their father Matthew Klusman,
- Grandson, Marshall Lee Hashe (April),
- Great grandchildren Blake Hashe, Maddie Hashe, Thomas Slatton,
- Granddaughter Edith Anderson and Special friend Patrick Mohns.
- Great grandchildren, Virginia Mohns, Arlo Mohns.
- Granddaughter, Deliliah Anderson.
- Several nieces and nephews, great nieces and great nephews.
Funeral services will be 1:00 pm Thursday, February 13, 2020 at Allen Memorial United Methodist Church with the Rev Charla Sherbakoff and Dr. Charles Ensminger officiating.
The graveside will be 11:00 am Friday, February 14, 2020 at McMinn Memory Gardens.
The family will receive friends from 5-8 pm Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home.
Those unable to attend may send condolences to www.laycockhobbs.com/notices/Mattie-.Hutsell
Laycock-Hobbs will be in charge of the arrangments.
I remember Mattie working with my mother Charlotte Whitted at Proffitts.
Nice Lady .
Dwayne Dewitt Whitted Feb 18 2020 12:00 AM
We will so miss you on Sunday mornings and at church actives. Such a great legacy. Our prayers are with the family and especially Charlotte the lose of a sister is beyond measure. Love The Rymer Family
Kim Feb 13 2020 12:00 AM
A candle was lit in memory of Mattie Hutsell
Rebecca Evans Feb 12 2020 12:00 AM
Vicki, I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you.
Cheri Harrison Feb 12 2020 12:00 AM
Mattie, you were such a sweet lady. I wish that I had been able to spend more time with you. We were first cousins but life took us in different directions. May you rest in peace.
Elwyn Vincent Feb 10 2020 12:00 AM