McMinn Memory Gardens
Saturday June 23rd, 2018
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before James's visitation.
James Lee Howard
JAMES "JIMMY" LEE HOWARD, age 78 of Decatur, passed away, Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at Starr Regional Medical Center-Athens. He was a native of Meigs County, Tenn., resident of McMinn County, Tenn. a son of the late Robert Franklin and Edna Inez O'Daniel Howard. He was retired from Shaw Industries and a member of Idlewild Baptist Church.
Preceded in death by
- Sister: Shirley Richesin.
- Wife of 56 years: Elizabeth Jean Clark Howard of Decatur, Tenn.
- Daughter and son-in-law: Jeannia Howard and Eric Bell of Athens, Tenn.
- Three Grandchildren: Jessica Bell, Tyler Thearp and Andrew Thearp and wife Rachel
- Great Grandchildren: Joshua and Brian Thearp
- Several nieces and nephews.
Funeral service will 7:00 P.M. Saturday, June 23, 2018 in the Chapel of Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home with Rev. Van Elkins officiating.
Interment will be 1:30 P.M. Sunday, June 24, 2018 in Idlewild Cemetery.
Active pallbearers will be Mike Jones, Brent Jones, Gary Swafford, Darrell Swafford, Andrew Thearp, and Tyler Thearp.
The family will receive friends from 5-7 Saturday in the funeral home.
Those unable to attend may send condolences at www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/James-Howard.
Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home, Athens, Tenn. in charge of arrangements.
Andrew & Rachel, sorry for your loss. Will be thinking of you. Friends from Gemtron. Gail & Roger Adams
Karen Gail Shultz Adams Jun 23 2018 12:00 AM