McMinn Memory Gardens
Monday April 23rd, 2018
4:00pm - 6:00pm
Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before Eva's visitation.
Eva Mae Brakebill
EVA MAE HICKS BRAKEBILL, age 85 of Niota, passed away Friday, April 20, 2018 at Woods Village Presbyterian Nursing Home in Sweetwater.
A native and life-long resident of Niota, she was a daughter of the late, James and Alice Hicks. A member of First Baptist Church Niota, and served as the choir director for 35 years of East Niota Baptist Church. She owned and operated the country market in Niota alongside her husband.
Preceded in death by:
- Three brothers, Roscoe Hicks, Wesley Hicks, Jeff Hicks
- One sister, Gladys Baker.
- Her husband of 67 years, James "Jim" Brakebill of Niota;
- Two sons and daughters-in-law, Kevin and Alicia Brakebill of Athens, Rick and Shirley Brakebill of Niota.
- 1 brother and sister-in-law, Tommy and Libby Hicks of Cleveland;
- 4 grandchildren
- 2 great-grandchildren
- Several nieces and nephews
Funeral services will be 6:00 PM Monday, April 23, 2018 in the chapel of Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home with the Rev. Joe Davis and Rev. Cullen Conner officiating.
Graveside services will be 11:00AM Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at Niota Cemetery.
The family will receive friends from 4-6 PM Monday, prior to the service at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Hospital, c/o Memorials Processing, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-9959. Those unable to attend may send condolences to www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Eva-Brakebill.
Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home in Athens is in charge of the arrangements.
Be the first to share a memory!