Carla Mae Moore Jenkins, age 58 of Sweetwater passed away Wednesday March 14, 2018 at Sweetwater Hospital. A native of McMinn County and a resident of Sweetwater most of her life, she was the daughter and of the late Carl Jenkins and Louise M. Moore. She attended Mt Cumberland Presbyterian Church and loved gardening, coloring and caring for her grandbabies.
Preceded in death by:
- 2 sisters; Lorette Linder, Rebecca Jenkins;
- One brother, Rodney Moore,
- grandparents Neail Jenkins and Jesse Jenkins, Arlin and Saurilla Moore
- One daughter and son-in-law; Hopela Lafaye and Jasper Brown of Athens.
- Two sons;Tiras Dashawn Upton of Sweetwater; Rashad Armez Hawkins of Sweetwater
- Five Sisters; Drusilla Johnson of Sweetwater; Uneeda Paschal of Sweetwater; Phyllis and Ivan Johnson of Knoxville; Felicia Moore of Sweetwater; Latricia Moore of Knoxville.
- Five Brothers; Kenneth Jr. Moore of Sweetwater; Vincent Moore of Knoxville; John Mitchell Linder of Athens; David Linder of Sweetwater
- Grandchildren; Nevaeh Tyeshia Hawkins, Jacory Rasheem Clowers, Trinity Tishawna Upton Caya , Daelynn Alexia Lunsford, Tyhem Lamar Smith, DeJon Marquez Brown,CayaShea Lafaye Dodd, Terran Eli Brown, Trevon Lenell Dodd and Dabressha Shavonle Brown.
- Nieces; Shampella Garcia, Marquita Upton
- Four special friends, Glenda Billingsly, Katherine Haynes, Pokie and Loretta and Perry Thomas
Funeral services will be 2:00pm Saturday, March 24, 2018 in the chapel of Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home with Rev. Perry Jackson officiating.
The interment will follow at Hickory Flatt Cemetery .
The family will receive friends from 1-2pm before the service.
Those unable to attend may send condolences to www.laycockhobbs.com/notice/Carla-Moore
Laycock-Hobbs will be in charge of the services.