Saturday April 14th, 2018
11:00am - 1:00pm
Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before Bobby's visitation.
Bobby Gene Hollingsworth
Bobby Gene Hollingsworth, age 82 of Riceville passed away Thursday, April 12, 2018 at Life Care of Athens.
A native of Buena Vista, Tennessee and a former resident of Merrillville, Indiana and of McMinn County for 27 years, he was the son of the late Turner and Virgie Rowland Hollingsworth.
He was a member of Hilltop Baptist Church in Riceville and retired from the Ford Motor Company. He was a Sunday School teacher for 50 years, a Deacon for over 40 years and served in the National Guard.
Preceded in death by:
- Four brothers: James Hollingsworth, Ganius Hollingsworth and J. T. Hollingsworth, Harweda "Molly" Hollingsworth
- One sister: Martha Hollingsworth.
- Wife of 61 years, Carolyn J. Spain Hollingsworth of Riceville
- One son and daughter-in-law, Phil and Beverly Hollingsworth of Riceville
- One daughter and son-in-law, Susan and Guzar Hicks of Niota
- Two sisters, JoAnne Mitchell of St. Charles, Missouri and Pamela Faye Taylor of Danridge, TN
- Three grandchildren and spouses, Ryan and Brittany Hollingsworth, Zarah and Jackson Smith and Zeth Hicks
- Four great-grandchilren, Katie Beth Holingsworth, Levi Hollingsworth, Noah Hollingsworth and Miriam Smith.
- Several nieces and nephews
Funeral services will be 1:00pm Saturday April 14, 2018 in the chapel of Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home with Ryan Hollingsworth, Zeth Hicks and Jackson Smith offficiating.
The interment will follow at McMinn Memory Gardens.
The family will receive friends from 11-1pm before the service at the funeral home.
Those unable to attend may send condolences to www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Bobby-Hollingsworth
Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home will be in charge of the arrangements.
Be the first to share a memory!