Pond Hill Cemetery
Thursday June 14th, 2018
12:00pm - 2:00pm
Order Flowers now for guaranteed delivery before Alice's visitation.
Alice Ann Matthews
ALICE ANN GRISHAM MATTHEWS, age 80 of Athens, Tennessee, went to her heavenly Father on Sunday, June 10, 2018 at Parkwest Medical Center in Knoxville.
She was born in Monroe County, and was a lifelong resident of McMinn County. A daughter of the late Elijah King and Ermal Venetti West Grisham. She was longtime member of Allen Memorial United Methodist Church. She retired from Walmart and had worked at Texas Hydralics and Fox Photo of Athens. She was a 32 year cancer survivor and a very loving and caring person, who enjoyed family and going to the mountains.
Preceded in death by:
- Her husband, Hubert B. Matthews on May 1, 2015;
- Four brothers, Clifford Grisham, Haskell Grisham, Glenn Grisham, and Frank Grisham;
- Three sisters, Laura Wallace, Mary Frances Neil and Helen Catalano.
- Daughter and son-in-law, Marcella and Eddie Robison of Athens;
- Special Granddaughter, Lori Robison of Athens and her Special Friend, Matt Wormsley;
- Special Great-granddaughter, Cheyenne;
- Sister and brother-in-law, Margaret and Gene McNutt of Niota;
- several nieces and nephews.
Graveside services will be 2:30 P.M. Thursday, June 14, 2018, in Niota Cemetery with Rev. Charla Sherbakoff officiating.
The family will receive friends from 12:00 noon to 2:00 P.M. Thursday in the funeral home prior to the service.
Active pallbearers will be Nephews.
Those wishing may make memorial contributions to Allen Memorial United Methodist Church, 800 Decatur Pike, Athens, Tenn. 37303 or American Cancer Society, c/o Perry Riden, 172 Co. Rd. 759, Riceville, TN 37370.
The family would like to give special thanks to AMR, Skyway Dialysis and Intrepid Home Health for their love and care.
Those unable to attend may send condolences at www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Alice-Matthews
Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home, Athens, Tenn. in charge of arrangements.
Be the first to share a memory!